Monday, January 20, 2014

Skinny Pork Chops and Eggs




I’m eating healthy these days and loving it!  Now, if I could just get back into a workout routine.  This week will be the week for sure!  I go through periods of unhealthy eating……lots of rich foods, pasta, bread, and yes…….I have my share of fast food/junk food during my relapses. LOL  


Inevitably, I wake up and come to my senses, start eating healthy again and then realize how “real” food tastes so much better than processed, fattening stuff.  I hope you enjoy this clean eating dish!

Ingredients:
4 boneless center cut pork loin chops, pounded thin
4 large eggs
1-2 avocados, sliced
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp olive oil

Preparation:
Lay out the pork chops and pound slightly with a meat mallet until they are about ½ inch thin, or you can just buy pork chops that are already thin.  Dry each chop with a paper towel to remove moisture.  

Drizzle a little olive oil over each chop on both sides and rub the oil over each chop.  Sprinkle each chop on both sides with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. 



Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.  Coat the skillet with one teaspoon of olive oil.  When the pan is hot, place the chops in the skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side, or until the chops are cooked through.  Let the chops rest for about 5-10 minutes while you cook the eggs.  Cook each egg to over-medium (runny yokes but no runny whites). 

Top each chop with a layer of sliced avocados, and then a layer of sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the tomato and avocado. Place an over-medium egg on top of the avocado and tomatoes. Garnish with more avocado and tomatoes and top with more salt and pepper.  Enjoy!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment