Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Throwback Tuesday


Treasure Craft owl spoon rest - from somewhere in the 1970's
 Who remembers these owls from when they were all the rage?  I remember having an owl picture in our living room as a young child in the 1970's.  I found this spoon rest on a trip with my mother to Coeburn, Virginia this past Summer.  We were visiting her relatives near Coeburn and we ended up at a family friend's house perusing through 5 storage buildings of antiques and other rusty treasures .....American Picker style!   Seriously, the people that you see on the show really do exist out there, although the lady we visited had not been on the show before.  It was fun to look around and I got this spoon rest for only five dollars.   I keep this one pristine and unused since they are very collectible, but I bought another less collectible one for daily use in my kitchen.
      
Do you remember having one of these ............or do you still have one in your kitchen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment